Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Accident (About 20m from my house)

The time was about 5.30 pm. I almost reached home, I saw Nadia's car park by the road side near my house. What came to my mind, she was still home, didn't go to campus since she got a six o'clock class. Suddenly a taxi came from around the corner and took a long turn. I braked my car and almost in stationary. And was hoping the taxi driver saw me and stop his car. I guessed he didn't see me and went straight toward my car. He knocked my front bumper on the driver side.

As I get out from my car, I asked for his IC and license but he refused to give me. He said I only show my documents to police. And he said said some more if I want to make a police report, just take the licence plate. I didn't speak to him in hashly manner or scolded him. I just asked him about the way he was driving. He claimed he was talking to the passenger at the back,I guess that's why he didn't see me coming. Then one of my neighbours came out and tried to deal with him. He still gave the same answer and refuse to cooperate. Claimed he couldn't afford to pay for the damages. My neighbour asked him to wait while he called the police, but he took off just like that.

I called my husband and told him what happenned. He said he was on the way home and will be home in 10 minutes.

After he looked at the damages, he said no need to do police report since we might be charged RM300 and the cost to repair might be about the same amount. I learned to deal with the incident. I try to think positive and don't want to get angry because it will spoil my day(or night). It already happenned, and I cannot turn back the clock.I guess my husband felt the same.

After thinking it over, I can accept with what happenned, but regret with the rudeness of the taxi driver.

He never apologised to me for knocking my car.

He said I was making a big deal for such minor incident

(Of course I love my car since I have it less than 8 months)

He refused to cooperate

He ran away just like that

He didn't want to take responsibility for his action

He was more concern about his passenger than discussing about the incident

He didn't look guilty at all

By the way, I took the phone number of the radio taxi and called that number. The lady who answered the phone was quite cooporative. When I told her what happenned and asked her for the driver's name, she just gave the name and the phone number of the taxi driver.

With my hand phone I managed to take several shots. Look at the pictures below. Anybody know the man?

The Taxi license plate

The Taxi Company

His name is Fazli, phone number is 0172933560

The dent on the front bumper



A closer look at the dent

3 comments:

  1. not that bad.
    but still trok jgak la..
    so.. amcam kreta mak??
    da anta btul ke??
    xpe la.. there might be sum hikmah for all that happen.. okie.. :)

    cheer up! :)
    miss u already.. hihi.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dah betul dah. Mak bukan geram dengan duit mak yang habis, tapi cara taxi driver tu melayan mak.
    Yup, ada hikmah, suruh mak bnyak sabar dan lebih berhati2 next time(dengan orang).

    ReplyDelete
  3. emm.. agak la..
    he's not supposed to treat u like dat..
    nmpk mcm rude jek.. + nmpk cm ambil ksmpatan..
    sbb kite perempuan..
    emm~ mama tkjut dgr mak xcident..
    alhamdulillah everything getting better.. :)
    btw.. take care..
    alia nk bLik gombak dah esok.. :)

    ReplyDelete