Friday, May 29, 2009

TEACHER'S DAY

16 Mei is the official date for teacher's day. So when the school celebrated the memorial day about 2 weeks late, I kind of lost the mood to celebrate. Whatever the commitee planned to do, I refused to joint. One of my bad habits.



U6A having the teacher's day celebration one day ealier than the school.



They followed me to U6G(I look really short compared to Alexis and Kelvin)




Just bergambar with U6S girls



It was not a good start for me. I reached school about 9 am. (Because I had to go to my children school to sign report card). When I passed by the walk away, I saw a few afternoon students sitting on the bench. When I asked them, why they didn't joint the celebration, they told me that they were denied entry just because they did not wear shoes. I really feel bad about that since the kids came to school to joint the celebration and were denied. For me it is not a big deal. I think the more the merrier. (I was not happy about some classes being off today too). Imagine for F5 students, this might be their last teacher's day celebration. And they will have the memory for not allowing them to come today forever. I am just imagine if one of the kids is my own son. I would feel very bad if my son is not allow to come to school just because he happened to be in the last three classes.


I went to joint the crowd to watch the shows. I didn't get to watch much since it was already late. I didn't feel like talking to anybody, so I took a chair and sat away from the crowd.





Some of the students watching the show (U can see the small numbers of them and some tried to find some shade)


My mood picked up when some students came and wished me Happy Teachers day. After that I could feel the heat already. I started talking to other teachers. It is not the present that I really want, but the wish from u guys. But I appreciate the presents and the cards(especially from U6Y and U6A) with everybody signature on them. I will them cherish the most.


When someone told me she put my name to play netball against the students, I was really piss off. She did't tell me earlier. I didn't bring any gym attire to play. But after thinking it over, if I feel bad, why I had to make other people feel the same? I accepted the challange and I played with my 'baju kurung'. I really enjoyed myself. It brought back many memories. I found out I can still play the game (after 28 years not palying netball), I can still jump(not as high la), and I can still intercept the ball. Happy to say, we lead 3-0 in the first half of the game.(We lost to the girls team because different group of teachers played in the 2nd half).


After the game, we had a nice lunch.

Teachers had lunch in the hall.


The food served 4 teachers

1 comment:

  1. peeewitt!!!
    teacher, u r the 'perempuan melayu terakhir, u wear baju kurung to play the netball game.. hehe

    ReplyDelete