Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just Do It

Finally it's over. What I mean is about Maths 1 exam. My first time teaching all upper six classes. I feel that I am responsible for their result. I haven't started marking yet. Actually I am quite scare to start. Scare that I fail them. There are still a big number of them think that maths is very hard and afraid to try.

Someone asked me(someone very dear to me) 'why we need to learn Maths?'. When we are going to us them in life?, like differentiation, integration, and so on. A million dollar question. That is a very tough question. Tougher than answering the maths exam. I don't want to give the wrong answer. The truth is, personally I don't have the exact answer to the question. But analytically, I gave the answer in terms of moral values:

1. Maths will make u a very patient person, patient will lead u to find the answer(right or wrong is subjective);


2. It will teach you how to plan a strategy;

3. U will be a resoucefull person since in maths u will use all the formulas and axioms;

4. In life u will work had to get what u want(similar with math, u work hard to get the anwer);

5. U make mistakes in solving maths problems, well u'll make mistakes also in life, but life will go on. That is not the end of the world. You will get up and continue with what u do, and try to avoid doing the same mistake;

6. If u 're really like maths, then maybe after u finish school, or college u'll become a maths teacher like me;

7. Some topics in maths will become usefull in some field(like engineering, statistics, bankers, etc);

8. It also teach u to be brave enough to make decisions;

9. I learn maths just because I love it (I don't know how many people share the same feeling);

10. U learn maths because it is required by the system. U can't run away from them. Otherwise u won't get ur stpm certificate.

Try to make the best of what u have now. Enjoy ur students life because once u leave school, u won't have this kind of experience again.

Don't hesitate to do what u want.

Don't want u to regret later.

But whatever u do, do with care because u don't want to regret later.
(p/s-all 10 items above are my own ideas)

2 comments:

  1. "Try to make the best of what u have now. Enjoy ur students life because once u leave school, u won't have this kind of experience again."

    I agree with that sentence. =)

    ReplyDelete