Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fasting Month..........Buka Makan Apa?

'Hari ni berbuka nak makan apa?'

This question is frequently asked among us either in school or within the family.

During fasting month, many people will show their hidden talent in cooking.

Including me.

In school, we start exchanging recepies.

When breaking our fast, we want something different from having rice everyday.

So we come up with many recepies.

Some of the dishes I cooked to break the fast were soto ayam, sphagetti bolognise, baked macaroni, fried rice, kebab, nasi ayam, nasi lemak, mee goreng, and as for today we had soup with either behoon, mee or roti canai.

And don't forget about the kuih. So far I made puding pelangi, puding jagung, puding caramel, popiah, bubur jagung and many more.

I used to make many more kuih and dishes for buka puasa but this year I kind of not in the mood to cook. Most of the time my maid will cook for us.

Another tradition during fasting month that I always did with my husband was going to bazaar Ramadan. We would go to almost all bazaar in Shah Alam(Stadium Shah Alam, Seksyen 17, Seksyen 19, Seksyen 18, Seksyen 6 and of course Seksyen 7). But we hardly bought anything. We just like to look at different kuih being sold there. But we stop going to bazaar Ramadan this year already. We just eat whatever we cook at home.

This year, no more taking bubur lambuk from masjid negeri, which I always did almost every other day last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment